Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dojo Training

Back was ridiculously painful today. Was able to make it to the dojo and conduct class. I took it really easy, stretched with the class as much as I could, and demonstrated techniques to help when necessary, but resting the back was paramount.

I am now committed to taking care of my back whenever doing CrossFit. Doing deadlifts yesterday was an extremely bad idea, and I have a tendency to go into intense mode and work through pain...but I'm not discriminating between pain and injury, and it's about time I did.

Diet:

Breakfast: Trader Joe's frozen steel cut oats, handful of blueberries, 2 scoops protein powder -- 4 blocks

Lunch: Stir-fried tofu, sauteed collard greens, kale, broccoli, and cauliflower -- 4 blocks

Cheating: made an apple pie with Julia today. Most of the cheating was eating apples covered in brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon before the pie was baked. Had a teeny slice when the pie was done.

Dinner: 2 cups soymilk, 2 scoops soy protein powder, 1 scoop Barlean's greens, 1/3 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 2 dropperfuls Stevia -- 4 blocks

Cheating: had 1 glorious small slice of apple pie with soy ice cream. Oh, heaven! Oh, heavenly heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment